[pstricks] pst-node, ncangles

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Tue Nov 15 14:18:17 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Herbert Voss wrote:

> I do not really understand what's your point. ncangles
> starts with armA and angleA and has 4 segments. By default the
> segments 2 and 3 are connected by a right angle. The angle
> between segment 1 and 2 and the angle between segment 3 and 4
> are calculated.

The way I see it, ncangles draws "armA" and "armB" using the "arm" and
"angle"  parameter values for them and then joins their ends using two
segments at right angles to each other. These conditions alone do not fix
the picture uniquely, and one way of achieving this is to fix the angle
which one arm of the right angle makes with "armA". The few pieces of
documentation I've seen (maybe obsolete) say this angle is also 90
degrees, but I see that it is actually (90 + 2\times angleA) degrees.
Just wanted to check whether this has been noted by other users.

Maybe the attached file will make my point clear

--
Krishnan