[pstricks] pst-pdf problem

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 14 14:49:10 CET 2005

Alain Matthes wrote:

> The next file compile with TeXShop don't create any pdf file but
> with the command line :  ps4pdf /Users/ego/Boulot/Work/pst-pdf-
> example.tex create  a pst-pdf-example.pdf but in ~/ego.
>
> Where is the problem with TeXshop and my installation ? and how to
> create with ps4pdf a pdf file in /Users/ego/Boulot/Work for example ?
>
> I compile the next file with pdflatex ? is it right ?

latex file.tex
dvips -Ppdf -o file-pics.ps file.dvi
ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None file-pics.ps file-pics.pdf
pdflatex file.tex

"file" is your filename

- the latex run creates the images in a file named file.dvi
   and _no_ text in this dvi file
- dvips converts the images to ps in a file named file-pics.pdf
- ps2pdf converts it to pdf
- pdflatex is the default latex run

addtitional bib and index runs as usual.

> Package pst-pdf Warning: File `pst-pdf-example-pics.pdf' not found.
> (pst-pdf)                Use the following commands to create it:
> (pst-pdf)
> (pst-pdf)                latex pst-pdf-example.tex
> (pst-pdf)                dvips -o pst-pdf-example-pics.ps pst-pdf-
> example.dvi
> (pst-pdf)                ps2pdf pst-pdf-example-pics.ps
> (pst-pdf)

you didn't create your image file. The easiest way is to create a shell
script.