[pstricks] overlays or similar methods

Christoph Bersch usenet at bersch.net
Mon Oct 31 09:07:44 CET 2005

Herbert Voss wrote:

> - you need the angle and one point of the mirror, then you have the
>    equation for it y-a=m(x-b)

Right, but by this I would have to know the angle before the mirror is
drawn in order to draw first the beam and then the component.

> - one node is enough, then you can calculate on PS-side the
>    intersection point or use one of the existing macros of pst-eucl,
>    pst-optic or pstricks-add. With the linewidth you can
>    calculate the other nodes and draw the line as a filled polygon

Did I get it right: you mean that something like this

\mirror[beamwidth=1](A)(M)(B){Mirro}

should draw the mirror and the corresponding beams from A -> M and
M -> B with a beamwidth of 1?

If you meant this, the next problem is, that usually between A and M
more other components are placed.

Thanks
Christoph