[pstricks] Option shift of \pspicture

Etienne Riga etienne.riga at skynet.be
Fri Oct 7 12:49:26 CEST 2005

It would seem that the option "shift" functions contrary to what
is written in pstnews1-10: a positive value of "shift" lowers the
pspicture.

In the following example
\pspicture(-1.25pt,-1.92pt)(9.25pt,8.16pt)
build to place a minipspicture in the text, I want the origin of
the pspicture on the baseline of the text.
    --- with the old syntax, that was easy: \pspicture[](,)(,)
    --- today, one must add 1.92pt and 8.16pt, then  divide 1.92
by 10.08 and write
          \pspicture[shift=.1905](,)(,)
          (theoretically -.1905 but practically today .1905)

It seems to to me that the value of the option "shift", rather
than to relate
to the height of pspicture, should take an absolute value.
In the example above, one would write
       \pspicture[shift=-1.92pt](,)(,)
If the principle of the relative value is preserved, it is much
easier
to write
       \lower1.92pt\hbox{\pspicture ... \endpspicture}

Étienne Riga