[pstricks] 3D Clipping

geotal geotal at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 03:42:38 CEST 2005

On 9/17/05, Herbert Voss <LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> geotal wrote:
> > It has been asked before, but I haven't seen the answer: Is there a
> > way, just like there in 2D with psclip, to clip 3D object? Supposed I
> > want to draw the unit sphere resting at the origin and sliced off with
> > the plane z = 0.75. Is there a reasonable way of doing this?
>
> not really. Try pst-vue3d for a sphere or plot the function
> as usual and then insert a plain with a fill option to cut
> all over z=0.75

Thanks. pst-vue3d is excellent. Now instead of a sphere,
I would like to plot the circular paraboloid f(x,y) = x^2 + y^2, clipped
(bounded) by the plane z = 1, which resembles a bowl, close to a
semi-sphere.

I have looked at the code of the sphere and semi-sphere in pst-vue3d to see
if I could define the paraboloid but it is
beyond me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

geotal

P.S. I have also checked sketch, which is appears to be very good, but
couldn't see how it can be done.