[pstricks] Errors with 'griddots' and negative 'unit'

Uwe Siart uwe.siart at tum.de
Fri Sep 23 09:19:47 CEST 2005

On 22 Sep 2005 at 17:13, Herbert Voss wrote:

> > % -------------------------
> > \documentclass{article}
> > \usepackage{pstricks}
> > \psset{unit=-1cm,
> >        griddots=5}
> > \begin{document}
> > \begin{pspicture}(0,0)(3,3)
> >   \psgrid
> > \end{pspicture}
> > \end{document}
> > % -------------------------
>
> I suppose it was there for ever, but I do not really know.
> Could someone try the example with an old pstricks.tex
> version?

I could try it with pstricks.tex 97 patch 14 and the problem is the
same, indeed. So this was really the first time where I used negative
units together with griddots - I could hardly believe that ;-)

Do you see a chance to fix this in future versions of PSTricks? Would
be great, because using negative units is a powerful feature which I do
like very much (at least it can simplify the code a lot, in some
cases).

--
Uwe