[pstricks] \parabola

mokaude mokaude at mageos.com
Thu Sep 22 20:21:00 CEST 2005

Le 22 sept. 05 à 18:09, Herbert Voss a écrit :

> mokaude wrote:
>

>> I would like to use \parabola to draw a parabola that passes
>> through  (-1,0) with a maximum at (1,3).
>> It is possible to draw this parabola for x greater than 1 ? lower
>> than -1 ?
>> Should I use \psplot instead ?
>>

> maybe an option, but you also can overwrite the uneeded
> area -1..+1
>
> Herbert
>

> \documentclass{minimal}
> \usepackage{pst-plot}
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{pspicture*}(-3,-3)(5,5)
>     \psaxes(0,0)(-2,-2)(4,4)
>     \parabola(-1,0)(1,3)
> \end{pspicture*}
>
> \begin{pspicture*}(-3,-2)(5,5)
>     \parabola(-2,-6)(1,3)\psframe*[linecolor=white](-1,-3)(1,5)
>     \psaxes(0,0)(-2,-2)(4,4)
> \end{pspicture*}
> \end{document}

Thank you for your response.

But it's not really what I have to do. I have bad expressed myself.

With the command \parabola(-1,0)(1,3), the parabola is drawn for x in
[-1;3].
What I would like to do, is to draw the same parabola for x in
[-2;5], for example.
Is this possible with the \parabola command ?

mokaude