[pstricks] pcline, aput, bput

Mike Daven daven at msmc.edu
Mon Sep 5 13:40:35 CEST 2005

I'd like to know if there is a variation of \Aput or \Bput, when used with
\pcline, that places the label somewhere other than at the "center".

For instance, the code "\pcline(0,0)(9,0)\Aput{foo}" creates a line much
like \psline, in this case from the point (0,0) to the point (9,0), and
\Aput places the label "foo", in this case centered just above the point
(4.5,0).  \Bput would have placed the label just below the line.

What if we'd like the label to be placed off-center?  Let's say we want
the label placed about 1/4 of the way from the start?  I know of silly
little solutions for my example, like "\uput[u](2.25){foo}" or maybe
"\pcline[linewidth=0pt](0,0)(4.5,0)\Aput{foo}", for instance.

But I'd like to be able to just slide the label to where I want it, rather
than placing a label in some other klunky way.  Any ideas?

Thanks...

--
Mike Daven, Ph.D.
Division of Math & CS, Mount Saint Mary College

phone  =  845-569-3265
  web  =  http://faculty.msmc.edu/daven

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood,
 but the opposite of one profound truth
 may very well be another profound truth." -- Niels Bohr