[pstricks] two questions about psaxes

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 30 06:50:10 CEST 2005

Ryan Higginbottom wrote:
> I have two questions about the behavior of \psaxes, both of which are
> illustrated in the minimal example I have included below.
>
> 1) Is there any way to exclude the tickmark for the 0 y-coordinate?  I'd
> prefer that portion of the x-axis to look like the rest.  (Incidentally,
> in this example that same problem does not occur on the y-axis.)

try the pstricks-add.tex from http://perce.de/LaTeX/pstricks.add
and
\psaxes[linecolor=lightgray,ticksize=-4pt 0,
	showorigin=false](0,0)(-4,-4)(4,4)

alternative you can do

\psaxes[linecolor=lightgray,ticksize=-4pt 0](0,0)(-4,-4)(4,4)
\psaxes[linecolor=lightgray,ticks=none](0,0)(-4,-4)(4,4)

> 2) Is there any way to exclude a tickmark label when it would overlap
> another one?  In this example, the x=-1 and y=-1 labels are overlapping.

no, but you can use \multido and write the label.