[pstricks] \defineTColor

Jan Steffan me at jansteffan.de
Fri Aug 26 17:11:15 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 11:21, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 8/16/05, Herbert Voss <LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > search also in the mailing list. Manuel posted a solution
> > with "real" transparency
>
> Can one expect to have PStricks with inbuilt "real" transparency in the
> future?
It was not posted by Manuel (he posted an approach that calculates the
intersection of two shapes), but by me. This was on July 12 and is burried in
a thread about Venn diagrams.
The problem with my approach is, that it relys on a proprietory feature of
ghostscript. The sample code I posted is for fillstyles only. In principle
the trick would work for lines, too. However, the pstricks code that actually
draws paths is quite a mess and doesen't seem to provide a hook for adding
the necessary postscript commands from an add-on package.

In short: it would require a change of the core pstricks code, but I wouldn't
do this becaus the solution uses nonstandard postscript commands.

A clean solution would be to clean up the code of pstricks and to provide
hooks for adding things like this through add-on packages.
	Jan

--
 gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys DE34EFA1