[pstricks] Geneaology/pedigree charts.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Jul 17 10:28:35 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 03:21 pm, Joseph Hogg wrote:
> Very nice tree and dog, too. I would very much appreciate seeing the
> source code for this since I plan to use PSTricks for human family
> trees.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joe Hogg
> Joseph.Hogg at bigfoot.com

My implementation is by no means perfect. But it is pretty
straightforward. I found it best to implement the code level by
level---put in the parents, then run tex, dvips and gv to
inspect the results; then insert paternal grandparents and do the
same. At some test points there were collisions but usually the
next level of insertions would cure that. A pstree line without
any subordinate entries simply becomes a leaf node until the
subordinate entries are added. This makes my incremental
approach possible.
\input pstricks
\input pst-tree
\input pst-node
\voffset -.85in
\hoffset -.75in
\vsize 10.2in
\hsize 8in
\footline{}
\baselineskip 18pt
\font\rm qtmr at 14pt
\font\bf qtmb at 14pt
\rm
\pstree[treemode=R,treesep=1.25cm,levelsep=3.2cm]
{\Tr{\bf Ch Wexford Crossroads Ceili}}{%
 \pstree{\Tr {\bf Ch Cocksure Wexford Haymaker}}{%
    \pstree{\Tr{Ch Cocksure Eye of the Storm}}{%
 \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Sunny's Ransomed}}{%
  \Tr*{Ch Rockledge Mick Michael}
  \Tr*{Ch Sunny's Pretty Queen}
  }
        \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Keyhoe's Clare of Belvedere}}{%
  \Tr*{Ch Tralee's Rowdy Red}
  \Tr*{Ch Sunnny's She Nanigans}
  }
    }
     \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Cocksure Addid Atraction}}{%
 \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Cocksure Stan'ard Bearer}}{%
  \Tr*{Ch Tralee's Rowdy Red}
  \Tr*{Sunny's Siobhon}
  }
 \pstree{\bf \Tr*{Wexfords Megan Magee}}{%
  \Tr*{\bf Ch Shanahy's Wexford Warrior}
  \Tr*{\bf Gillmere's Bridget}
  }
            }
         }
  \pstree{\Tr{\bf Ch Scolaidhe's Step Dancer}}{%
          \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Scolaidhe's Fighting O'Flynn}}{%
           \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Dungarvins's Danny Boy}}{%
   \Tr*{Ch Dungravin's Gruff Gillie}
   \Tr*{Ch Glenkelly Tara of Dungarvin}
   }
            \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Aran Isles Misty Lady}}{%
   \Tr*{Ch Rough N Ready's Brian Boru}
   \Tr*{Ch Ni Fionnains Caitlin}
   }
                 }
          \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Aran Isles Flanna Niscolaidhe}}{%
           \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Wyrlee Top O the Morning}}{%
   \Tr*{Ch Tralee's McGraw}
   \Tr*{Ch Ballymoor Annie Banahan}
   }
           \pstree{\Tr*{Ch Aran Isles Waltzing Matilda}}{%
   \Tr*{Ch Rough N Ready's Brian Boru}
   \Tr*{Ch Ni Fionnains Caitlin}
   }
                 }