[pstricks] When to use metapost...when to use pstricks

Christopher Ellison chris_ellison at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 00:30:31 CEST 2005

I have a 'simple' question.  Pstricks is nice because I can have the
source for my figures directly in the source of my document...it is also
very nice because of the all powerful packages and tools that come with
pstricks.  I have also seen metapost.  Is there any reason why I should
use metapost over pstricks?  Are there tasks that are easier to do with
metapost than with pstricks?  If so, could you provide a couple of
examples?  I guess I was looking for a brief  "comparison" of these
approaches...and yes, I do understand that the opinion will be biased in
favor of pstricks (but I am okay with that...and I lean that way anyway).