[pstricks] Geneaology/pedigree charts.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jul 4 14:48:41 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 03:21 pm, Joseph Hogg wrote:
> Very nice tree and dog, too. I would very much appreciate seeing the
> source code for this since I plan to use PSTricks for human family
> trees.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joe Hogg
> Joseph.Hogg at bigfoot.com

My file is attached. A couple of cautions:

I found I had to create two subtrees at a time, and then compile
looking for errors. An empty subtree is OK so long as it is
terminated by the closing brace.

A tree/subtree  has two strings enclosed in curly braces.
 so a typical line looks like:
\pstree{\Tr*{Ch Keyhoe's Clare of Belvedere}}{%
....and the tree is terminated by
       }
On a line by itself and lined up below its partner brace for
ease in debugging.

I start each subtree with a one liner plus closing brace as above. To go
down another level I add two subtrees, one for sire and one for
dam, configured as above. Then I compile and view.
The contents of these two subtrees can be added later.

If you add just one at a time then you run into collision
problems. But when you flesh the tree out completely the
collisions go away.

Don't forget the three curly braces and % at the end of each \pstree
statement. I had problems with this.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: