[pstricks] pstricks-add and circlenode

John Hattersley john at jhattersley.com
Fri Jun 24 16:34:53 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use the pstrick-add extension for it's "hook arrow"
functionality.  Unfortunately, this packages appear to have a negative
impact on the pstrick circlenode function.

The following code shows the issue, a very simple node diagram:

    \documentclass[]{report}
    %\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node,pstricks-add}
    \usepackage{pstricks,pst-node}
    \begin{document}

    \begin{pspicture}(-.2,-.5)(3,1)
       \rput(.5,.5){\circlenode{A}{Cat}}
       \rput(2.5,.5){\circlenode{B}{Dog}}
       \ncline{->}{A}{B}

The above works fine until I add the pstricks-add to the usepackage
statement.  When pstrick-adds is used the Cat and Dog text is placed at
diagram coordinate 0,0 and not in the centre of the circle as required.
I've also tried this with the examples on the pstricks-add website that
use the circlenode function, with the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,