[pstricks] Page Orientation and Origin Location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 21 18:43:03 CEST 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Herbert Voss wrote:

> the box, given by the values is easy to see with
>
> foo
> \psframebox[linestyle=dashed]{%
>  \begin{pspicture}(0,8)(9,5)
>    \psline(0,8)(9,5)
>  \end{pspicture}
> }
> bar

Herbert,

   And now that I see it, I cannot understand why the framebox is located
where it is, why the pspicture is offset below (with a positive number), and
how to move the framebox where I want it.

   Is all this covered in "The LaTeX Graphics Companion," in the German
"PSTricks," or in other documentation? It's not in the graphics chapter of
TLC2. What do I read to learn more so I don't have to ask so many questions
on this mail list?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass article
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\usepackage{pst-pdf}
\end_preamble
\language american
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme palatino
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize letterpaper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 1
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle empty

\layout Standard

\begin_inset Float figure
wide false
collapsed false

\layout Standard
\align center

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
psframebox[linestyle=dashed]{%
\newline

\backslash
psset{linecolor=blue, unit=1.5cm}
\newline

\backslash
begin{pspicture}(0,4)(18,10)
\newline

\backslash
psaxes[dx=2,Dx=2,Ox=2, dy=1, Dy=.25](0,0)(8,4)
\newline

\backslash
pscurve[linecolor=red, linewidth=1.5pt](0,0)(2.3,0.5)(4.0,4.0)(5.8,0.5)(7,0.0)
\newline

\backslash
rput(4,-0.75){Height (in feet)}
\newline