[pstricks] Labeling Axes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 19 00:29:33 CEST 2005

   I've a very simple graph with an x axis 8 units wide and a y axis 4 units
high. Using the Ox, Oy, Dx, Dy, dx, and dy I have the x-axis tics marked from
0-8 by unit increases and the y-axis tics marked 0-1 by 0.25 unit increases.
I'm heavily dependent on my one piece of documentation: Timothy van Zandt's
"Users Guide", version 0.93a from 12 March 1993. But, I cannot find answers
in there to these questions:

   1.) How can I have only the ends of the y axis ("0.0" and "1.0") labeled?

   2.) How do I label the axes with text (and rotated on the vertical)?

   3.) How do I place descriptive text on the graph? (I think I know how to
use arrows to connect the text to the areas they describe.)

   While I'm at it, is there more current documentation -- in English (or,
American if you insist)?

   I have gone through the Users Guide without seeing the answers. If the
answers are there, please pass me the page numbers.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President