[pstricks] DIA output and scaling (again)

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 11 12:49:05 CEST 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Herbert Voss wrote:

>>>if you need pdf then using latex->dvips->ps2pdf is the easiest
>>>way.
>>

>> But which files? Sorry for my confustion!
>
>latex file.tex
>dvips file.dvi
>ps2pdf file.ps

OK, I tried "latex pstricks.tex" but it didn't work (hangs at a '*'
prompt). Sorry if this is the wrong file to generate the documents (I am a
total newb). In general I would like to see what functions a package
implements. For example, in the below do you use the geometry package to
get the "\rotateleft" function? I would rather be able to look this up
than to ask further dumb questions :)

>this worked for me
>
>\listfiles
>\documentclass{report}
>\usepackage{lscape,pstricks}
>\usepackage[dvips,a4paper]{geometry}
>\parindent=0pt
>
>\begin{document}
>   \resizebox{\linewidth}{!}{ % Scaling
>     \input{/tmp/mist/dia.tex}
>   }
>
>{\psset{unit=0.5}
>     \input{/tmp/mist/dia.tex}
>}
>\newpage
>   \rotateleft{\resizebox{\textheight}{!}{\input{/tmp/mist/dia.tex}}}
>
>\newpage
>   \psset{unit=0.65cm}
>   \rotateleft{\input{/tmp/mist/dia.tex}}
>
>\end{document}
>

>the pdf is here: http://perce.de/temp/dia.pdf

Thank you!

How come you used rotateleft instead of 'begin{landscape}'? Is is as broad
as it is long?