[pstricks] fill around image

Olivier . frsw194 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 9 09:46:17 CEST 2005

Hi Henry,

I've already had this kind of issue. For a quite
simple image, if you vectorize it and with a soft like
Illustrator, you delete the contour, youll' then have
an image with no contour looking like a "transparent"
image. This is the only way I've found.

Another way is, for instance, to include your image
within a circle, an ellipse or a square and then the
image will fit inside the shape.

Hope this can help

Olivier

--- Henry Proudhon <henry.proudhon at insa-lyon.fr> a
écrit :

> Hi everone,
>
> I'm trying to make a figure, in which I'd like to
> include an image with
> a transparent background.
> The image should be superimposed to a pstricks
> fillstyle says
> fillstyle=vlines.
>
> pb: when I convert the image to include as eps, I
> loose transparency of
> course. I cannot draw over the image because the
> contour is too much
> complicated...
>
> I don't see any solution here... :-(
>
> Here is a minimal example:
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \begin{document}
>     \psset{xunit=1cm,yunit=1cm}
>     \begin{pspicture}(-7,-5)(7,5)
>          \psframe[%
>     linestyle=none,%
>     fillstyle=vlines,%
>     hatchcolor=lightgray,%
>     hatchsep=0.5pt%

\rput(0.0,0.0){\includegraphics[width=4cm]{image_with_transparent_background.eps}}