[pstricks] PSTricks versus CorelDraw

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jun 6 14:47:42 CEST 2005

Paul Pontikis wrote:

> I am very interested in the different methods used for including
> drawings in LaTeX documents. I have often used the LaTeX picture
> environment and have become aware of its limitations. Consequently, I am
> interested in PSTricks and have been following the mailing list.
>
> Recently, it was suggested to me that PSTricks was not an ideal drawing
> tool, and that instead, pictures should be created in a package such as
> CorelDraw. To do this, maths can be imported into Corel from the LaTeX
> dvi file, and plots from a maths package such as Maple. Annotations can
> then be added with Corel's drawing tools. The resulting picture is
> exported as an eps file.
>
> I would like to understand the advantages that PSTricks has over
> creating an eps file in this way, and would appreciate any responses
> that users may have. I hope, as a result, to use PSTricks as my
> preferred drawing tool, and to understand why I have chosen it.

PSTricks uses the powerful programming langusge PostScript
and there is no need to convert your PSTricks code to an eps
file, because you can use it in a so-called inline mode.
PSTricks images still have the same text or math font as
the other text.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes