[pstricks] pst-pdf and scalebox (Graphics exported with DIA)

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 2 17:55:57 CEST 2005

Jan Steffan wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2005 16:43, Herbert Voss wrote:
>
>>pst-pdf in general has _nothing_ to do with PSTricks.
>>It's evident that you need pstricks, when having PSTricks related
>>macros. And pstricks.sty also redifines the \scalbox macro
>>to avoid conficts with the one of graphicx.
>
> yes, but that's not the point.
> having
> \usepakcage{pstricks,pst-pdf} causes the same problem, while
> \usepackage{pstricks} alone does work.
>
> pst-pdf.sty contains the following two lines:
> \
> if at ppf@PST at used\RequirePackage{pstricks}\fi
> which loads pstricks, so I can comment \usepackage{pstricks}
> out as in the example that comes with pst-pdf.

I should think before I hit the reply button ...

> and
> \RequirePackage{graphicx}
> which seems to cause the trouble here.

pst-pdf also loads graphicx which has a \scalebox macro with
a different syntax. pstricks.sty redefines its own one
to \psscalebox and leaves the \scalebox macro to graphicx.
But DIA still uses the old one ...

\listfiles
\documentclass{minimal}

\usepackage{pst-pdf}