[pstricks] dvi for windows

ipinelis at mtu.edu ipinelis at mtu.edu
Wed May 18 03:16:23 CEST 2005

>>Is there a dvi viewer for Windows where you can see pstricks pictures?

> 1) convert ps to pdf (it will take more time)
> 2) install cygwin and use xdvi
> 3) setup a linux crunching-number machine, share your directory with
> samba (so you can access files from desktop) and access the linux
> desktop (compile and visualize with xdvi) using vnc. If you want to
> compile from the text-editor menu, you can use ssh (or use kile/texmaker
> with linux).
>
> --
> Franco Bagnoli <franco.bagnoli at unifi.it>

Thank you Franco. One reason why I am not eager to use cygwin is that with
Windows I use Crimson Editor, the nicest text editor I know, but it works
only on Windows.

Xdvi is a great viewer, of course, but it works only on Unix or Linux. I
wonder why there is no version of Xdvi for Windows.

Iosif Pinelis