[pstricks] Announcing New PSTricks-related software

eugene.ressler at frontiernet.net eugene.ressler at frontiernet.net
Mon May 2 07:16:27 CEST 2005

Hello all!

This is to let you know about the following.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~eugene.ressler/

Sketch -- A 3D Scene Description Translator

Sketch is a small, simple system for producing line drawings of two- or
three-dimensional objects and scenes. It began as a way to make
illustrations for a textbook after we could find no suitable tool for
this purpose. Existing scene processors emphasized GUIs and/or
photo-realism, both un-useful to us. We wanted to produce finely
wrought, mathematically-based illustrations with no extraneous detail.
The input language is reminiscent of PSTricks, so will be easy to learn
for current PSTricks users. It generates PSTricks output, so you have
the full power of TeX for overlaying text and mathematics.

Herbert, I would deeply appreciate a link on your page.  Separate topic:
I never received the German version of your book chapters.  If you are
still looking for help, I'm still up for it.  I sent the Coils chapter,
but am stuck on the rest.  Unfortunately the English is not enough for
me to edit without knowing what was intended.

Best regards,
Gene