[pstricks] pictures in .pdf docs

Hochguertel, S. (Stefan) shochguertel at feweb.vu.nl
Tue Mar 8 14:07:59 CET 2005

Dear all,

I've been using PStricks for teaching and was quite pleased until recently; now, many of my pictures don't come out as intended anymore once they are converted to .pdf. In particular, many picture elements seem to disappear in the .pdf version, especially text and labels, but also PS-tricks elements such as arrowheads, dots etc. It's all there in the .ps version.

Anyone got a clue?

I use:
(1) for source: latex as distributed via Miktex.org (v 2.4)
(2) dvips as distributed via Miktex.org to create .ps document
(3) finally, GSview and Ghostscript v 8.11 with pdfwrite driver to convert to .pdf

As I said: until recently things were fine...

Thanks & regards,

Stefan

PS: might be a Ghostscript or Miktex problem, but thought I try this forum first....