[pstricks] buildcycle in pstricks?

Jean Magnan de Bornier jean at bornier.net
Tue Feb 22 19:58:21 CET 2005

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
>
>> I am currently trying to fill the region defined by several
>> *intersecting*
>> curves but didn't find the right way. I learned how to do that with
>> metapost (which I won't use anymore :-) ): buildcycle, and then fill, but
>> within pstricks it seems that with pscustom one obtains a region defined
>> by the end-points of the curves, rather than the intersections.
>

> Look for \pscustom
>
> http://PSTricks.de/Examples/Box/boxfill.phtml

Thanks!
I did not explain my problem very well, so here is an example of what I
have tried to do:

\begin{document}
\psset{xunit=1cm,yunit=1cm}
\begin{pspicture}(7,7)
   \psaxes[Ox=0.8,Dx=5,Oy=0,Dy=5]%
       {<->}(1,1)(6,6)
\pscustom[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=red]{
  \psline[liftpen=1](1.98,2.38)(1.98,3.8)(1.98,5)
  \psline[liftpen=1](1.98,3.8)(1,3.8)(-1,3.8)
  \psline[liftpen=1](1,4)(4,0.8)}

Pstricks fills several triangles, defined by the intersections and the
ends of the lines. How can I restrict the filling to the one triangle
defined by the intersections?
tia
--
Jean Magnan de Bornier