[pstricks] \listplot, single point and regression

Poul Riis Poul.Riis at skolekom.dk
Sat Feb 19 11:45:54 CET 2005

Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at alumni.tu-berlin.de> skriver:
>\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
>
>\usepackage{pstricks,pst-plot,pst-node,multido}
>\SpecialCoor
>\psset{unit=1pt}
>
>\def\FileName{node.data}% the data file
>
>\makeatletter
>\def\saveDataAsNodes{%
>   \typeout{Open file \FileName}%
>   \openin7=\FileName%
>   \newcount\nMax\nMax=21\relax%         datarecords+1
>   \newcount\nrepeat\nrepeat=1\relax%
>   \loop%
>         \def\NodeName{N\the\nrepeat}%
>         \ifnum\nrepeat<\nMax
>         \read7 to \Data
>         \pnode(\Data){\NodeName}
>         \typeout{\NodeName -> \Data}
>         \advance\nrepeat by 1
>   \repeat%
>   \closein7%
>}
>%
>\makeatother
>
>\begin{document}
>
>\begin{center}
>\begin{pspicture}(-150,-150)(150,150)
>   \saveDataAsNodes% must be inside the pspicture environment
>%  \fileplot[linecolor=red,linewidth=1pt,linestyle=dashed]{\FileName}%
>   \multido{\iA=1+1}{20}{
>     \pscircle*[linecolor=blue](N\iA){10pt}}% Node: N#
>\end{pspicture}
>\end{center}
>
>\end{document}

I can't make this example work on my computer, even if it says 'no errors
found'.  The strange thing is that apparently no log-file is produced!?!?!?
Moreover, I find it rather inconvenient that one has to tell the computer
the number of data in the data file. Rather, the computer should tell me!

Yours,
Poul Riis