[pstricks] Psset and accessing key values inside pstricks

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Feb 15 07:48:07 CET 2005

Richard Hensh wrote:
> I am successfully using tex4ht to process my latex source files.
>
> If I define the following (silly but useful example):
>
> \makeatletter
> \define at key[psset]{pstTxtBx}{name}{%
>          \edef\psset at pstTxtBx@name{#1}%
>     }

this depends on using xkeyval and should be \def instead of \edef

> \makeatother
> \psline[linecolor=blue,name=lineA](2,1)
> \psline[linecolor=red,name=lineB](-2,1)

linecolor depends on using the old pstricks mechanism of
creating optional parameter

\def\psset at linecolor#1{\pst at getcolor{#1}\pslinecolor}
\psset at linecolor{black}

> Does anyone know the naming convention used by the built-in keys. The docs
> seem to suggest a standard namiing convention that appear to be

with xkeyval (pst-xkey) you always use

\psset[<family>]{name=lineA}, or \passet{name=lineA}

and \psset at pstTxtBx@name for using the value

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes