[pstricks] Bug in pstricks-add?

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 28 01:28:12 CET 2005

Herbert Voss wrote:

> Alan Ristow wrote:
>
>> It seems that when \listplot is used with the nStep and xEnd
>> parameters simultaneously, the nStep parameter is ignored. Is this
>> expected behavior? Minimal example and result of \listfiles below.
>

> nstep belongs to nEnd and xStep to xEnd
>
> \listplot[nEnd=11,nStep=4,linestyle=none,showpoints=true,%

I can't mix and match, eh? I guess that makes sense. Okay, but when I
use xStep instead I still have a problem. In the example below, I use
xStep=100; however, the first four points are plotted despite the fact
that the step size is 10. I cannot reproduce this with the data in first
minimal example, but I can with the data below (which is part of the
data I actually need to plot).

It works fine if I use nStep and nEnd, but then I need to open each file
I wish to plot and count the number of data points.

Alan

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{filecontents}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}

\begin{filecontents*}{test.dat}
   300 0.096599271
   310 0.083488066
   320 0.072395531
   330 0.062990114
   340 0.054991486
   350 0.048165858
   360 0.042319743
   370 0.0372936
   380 0.032956017
   390 0.029198683
   400 0.025932163
   410 0.023082411
   420 0.02058793
   430 0.018397469
   440 0.016468154
   450 0.014763988
   460 0.013254633
   470 0.011914418
   480 0.010721547
   490 0.00965744
   500 0.008706206
   510 0.007854206
   520 0.007089694
   530 0.006402519
   540 0.005783885
   550 0.005226147
   560 0.004722635
   570 0.004267522
   580 0.003855697
   590 0.003482668
   600 0.003144476
\end{filecontents*}

\pagestyle{empty}
\listfiles

\begin{document}
   \begin{psgraph}[axesstyle=frame,Ox=300,Dx=50,Oy=0.00,Dy=0.02]%
       (0,0)(200,0.1001){3in}{3in}%
     \pstScalePoints(1,1){300 sub}{}%
     \readdata{\data}{test.dat}%
     \listplot[xEnd=500,linecolor=black,linestyle=solid,%
       showpoints=false,plotstyle=line]{\data}%
     \listplot[xEnd=500,xStep=100,linestyle=none,showpoints=true,%
       dotstyle=*]{\data}%
   \end{psgraph}