[pstricks] Example for pdftricks does not work

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:11:43 CET 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:44:02 +0100, Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss at alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> uuh, I tried it years ago. It is not a good idea to use
> pdftricks here, too many problems with the bounding
> box, e.g.
>
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage{ifpdf}
> \ifpdf%
>    \usepackage{pdftricks}
>    \begin{psinputs}
>      \usepackage{pstricks}
>    \end{psinputs}
> \else
>    \usepackage{pstricks}
>    \newenvironment{pdfpic}{}{}
> \fi
>
> \begin{document}
> \section{Hallo}
> Welt.
>
> \begin{figure}[htb]
> \centering
> \caption{The grafic, converted with \texttt{pdftricks}}
> \begin{pdfpic}
>    \begin{pspicture}(5,2)
>      \psline{|<->|}(0,0.3)(4,1.9)
>    \end{pspicture}
> \end{pdfpic}
> \end{figure}
>
> \end{document}

If what you mean, Herbert, by "too many problems with the bounding
box" correspond to no picture showing up in the example above, then
you are absolutely correct.

Just a note: the CTAN pointer in your site to pdftricks points to a
old version of pdftricks.

Paul