[pstricks] psgraph and axes

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Dec 7 22:41:26 CET 2004

David M. Allen wrote:

> My present question involves axes with psgraph. It appears (empirical,
> not trying
> to decipher your code)  that psgraph uses the three coordinate version
> of psaxes
> with (x0,y0)=(0,0). In my work, I usually want the axes along the left
> and bottom
> edges of the graph, even if some of the real world values are negative.
> How do I do this?

psgraph does nothing else then calculating the two units
depending to your logical coordinates and the physical width.
With setting the coordinates for psaxes as you like,
everything should be possible.

On the other hand, if you have easy coordinates,
like integers, then calculating the x|y-units is
easy and there is no real need for \psgraph

> An unrelated possible bug: xyAxes=false does not seem to suppress axes.
> xAxis=false and yAxis=false together seems to work however.

yes, that is true. I fixed it (hopefully) in
http://perce.de/LaTeX/pstricks-add/

> Thanks again for all your work in developing this fine software.

you are welcome

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes