[pstricks] Knots in pstricks

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Dec 1 14:24:30 CET 2004

Nikos Apostolakis wrote:

> Has anybody written any programs for producing diagrams of
> (mathematical) knots and braids using pstricks?
>
> Thre seems to be a very interesting set of postscript programs
> that allow the drawing of knot diagrams here
>
> http://www.id.cbs.dk/~mtk/PSMath/psmT.html
>
> and I was wondering how hard it would be to convert them to macros
> for pstricks. My knowledge of postscript and programming in
> general is meager so I can not easily do it myself. The code is
> GPLed, I am not sure if there is a conflict with the licence of
> pstricks. Is there any interest?

The only thing you need is to write the interface
for TeX->psm.pro, which should be easy. Look for example at
pst-func how it is done.
There is no problem with the licence.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes