[pstricks] PSTricks and the size of pdf files

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Sun Nov 14 16:00:08 CET 2004

> ps4pdf (the script) also uses ps2pdf, but it doesn't
> use dvips, which is the major advantage here, because
> dvips -E produces _very_ often wrong bounding boxes.

I know nothing of a script not using dvips. I followed
the ps4pdf guide and the referred material:
% latex ps4pdf-test.tex
% dvips -Ppdf -o ps4pdf-test-pics.ps ps4pdf-test.dvi
% ps2pdf ps4pdf-test-pics.ps ps4pdf-test-pics.pdf # The "graphics container"
% pdflatex ps4pdf-test.tex # The resulting pdf document.

I just found the script on ctan. The fact that I am on
a windows computer should be enough explanation to
understand my mistake. MiKTeX does not include this
kind of material. My apologies.

-Hendri.