[pstricks] PSTricks and the size of pdf files

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Sun Nov 14 15:29:09 CET 2004

Hendri Adriaens wrote:
>>The point is that I am wanting to use ps4pdf and not ps2pdf.
>

> ps4pdf is a package. you used it in your example
> file. i used your file.
>
> ps2pdf is a conversion program: ghostscript.
> this _has_ to be used to generate the pstricks
> plots to be included as pdf when using pdflatex.

ps4pdf (the script) also uses ps2pdf, but it doesn't
use dvips, which is the major advantage here, because
dvips -E produces _very_ often wrong bounding boxes.

> read the ps4pdf manual and:
> http://www.perce.de/LaTeX/ps4pdf/tb72voss4pdf.pdf

what for? Paul does it in the right way, the only problem is,
that his picture file is created well but contains no image.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes