[pstricks] PSTricks and the size of pdf files

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Sun Nov 14 13:20:27 CET 2004

> Thanks, Hendri. Something strange happens: if I am not interested in
> getting a pdf file, if I am only interested in getting a ps file
> (without using ps4pdf), the boundary of my picture is not misspecified
> when I use \pspicture(-1.5,-1.5)(1.5,1.5).

It is. When viewing your example file with ghostview, the y has
run from the page fully.

And when you view this picture somewhere in a paper in between
text, you might see the $y$, but that is because it will be
placed (partially) on other material like whitespace produced
by \begin{center}. That doesn't work when cropping.

-Hendri.