[pstricks] HA-Prosper - xcolor - pstricks-add

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Tue Oct 26 19:43:02 CEST 2004

Christophe,

> Hum, the same thing... But I'm afraid I've forgotten to tell you
> something : I've costumized the way LaTeX treat options (in order to
> have key=val in \documentclass and \usepackage, I've done that before
> the new xkeyval) and the error comes with it, not with pstricks nor
> pstricks-add.

I tested it earlier and indeed could not replicate the problem.
To confirm:
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\usepackage[toc,highlight,HA]{HA-prosper}
works.

The reverse order does not work since I do in HA-prosper
\let\oldsetkeys\setkeys
\RequirePackage{xkeyval}
\let\xsetkeys\setkeys
\let\setkeys\oldsetkeys
(or something alike).

This means that if the \oldsetkeys contains the keyval
one, all packages loaded after that will have problem
when using \psset.

As mentioned in the xkeyval docs, this period is a very difficult
one for documents/packages using both old pstricks packages
and xkeyval. HA-prosper has the disadvantage right now to
heavily depend on both packages.

The code above, I introduced to keep HA-prosper compatible
to the original pstricks packages (the ones using pst-key)
and get some comp results in case new pstricks packages
(using pst-xkey) are loaded before HA-prosper.

For having package options in \documentclass or \usepackage,
xkeyval 1.6 provides a solution (which will changed from .tex
to .sty in version 1.7).

Best regards,
-Hendri.