[pstricks] package loading sequence pstricks-add vs pst-optic

Patrick Drechsler patrick.drechsler at gmx.net
Sat Oct 23 16:29:31 CEST 2004

Patrick Drechsler wrote on 23 Oct 2004 14:49:49 MET:

> When testing the minimal example below I receive an error when
> the package pstricks-add is loaded _before_ the package
> pst-optic. The other way around is fine.
>
> --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
> \documentclass[a4paper]{scrartcl}
> \usepackage{pst-optic}
> \usepackage{pstricks-add}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(5,5)
>   \psaxes[tickstyle=bottom]{->}(5,5)
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}
> --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

Sorry to bother again.

But the following example shows exactly the opposite behaviour
(Ok when pstricks-add is loaded first, error when loaded last)
:-( ...

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pst-optic}
\usepackage{pstricks-add}
\begin{document}
{\psset{unit=5cm}%
  \begin{pspicture}(1,1)\psgrid
    \pnode(.3,.35){Vk}
    \pnode(.7,.3){Hk}
    \pnode(.375,.5){D}
    \psline(Vk)(Hk)
    \Parallel[length=.1](Vk)(Hk)(D){EN}
  \end{pspicture}
}
\end{document}
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

,----
| ERROR: xkeyval error: `length' undefined in families `psset'.
|
| --- TeX said ---
| \XKV at err #1->\errmessage {xkeyval error: #1}
|
| l.12     \Parallel[length=.1](Vk)(Hk)(D){EN}
|
| --- HELP ---
| From the .log file...
|
| This error message was generated by an \errmessage
| command, so I can't give any explicit help.
| Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues,
| and deduce the truth by order and method.
`----

Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?

Patrick
--
When I got my first television set, I stopped caring
so much about having close relationships.