[pstricks] drawing implicit (polar) plot

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Oct 5 19:39:39 CEST 2004

Arnaud Schmittbuhl wrote:

> I don't know how to draw an implicit polar plot. I'm interesting in
> plotting this one, useful in fluid mechanics,
>
> (r^2 -1/r)sin^2\theta = 1

there is in general no possibility to handle implicit defined
equations with psplot.

But it is the same as the special cubic equation

r^3 - r/sin^2\theta -1 = 0

which could be solved with the formula of Cardano.
Do you have any website where I can see the graphic
of this equation?

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes