[pstricks] psgraph for non-integral axis lengths

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Sep 8 22:18:28 CEST 2004

Alan Ristow wrote:

> The psgraph macro has worked very well for me when the lengths of my
> axes are whole numbers. For small axes, however, it has had problems.
> Below I have a minimal example that illustrates the problems for a
> y-axis of length 0.4. If I am not mistaken, this is expected behavior
> resulting from the use of a non-integral divisor in \pst at divide (or,
> more accurately, the limited fixed-point arithmetic capabilities of
> TeX).

the division is a mess in TeX ...

but it is no problem to use integer values here ...

Herbert

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}%
\usepackage{pstricks-add}%
\usepackage{filecontents}%

\begin{filecontents*}{test.d}
   0.0 0.2
   1.0 0.35
   2.0 0.38
   3.0 0.22
   4.0 0.15
   5.0 0.21
\end{filecontents*}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\begin{psgraph}[axesstyle=frame,tickstyle=bottom,Dy=0.1,dy=0.5in,%
     xyLabel={\small}](0,0)(5,4){4in}{2in}%
  \readdata{\data}{test.d}%
  \pstScalePoints(1,10){}{}%
  \listplot{\data}%
  \psgrid[yunit=0.5in,gridlabels=0,gridcolor=gray,subgriddiv=0](5,4)%
\end{psgraph}

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes