[pstricks] Re: compilation problems

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Sep 8 21:36:27 CEST 2004

jmpapy wrote:

> I'm using the latest stable pstricks-add version (2.11) available from
> CTAN. I think that the .pro, .tex and .sty files are properly installed.
> I have now some problems to compile a document that I could properly
> compile some weeks ago using an earlier version of pstricks-add.
> In the beginning I believed that it was due to the package etex (which
> is needed to use easybmat). But after the elimination of these packages,
> the error remain.
> Here is the error message:
>
> ! keyval: ticklines undefined.
> \KV at err #1->\errmessage {keyval: #1}

As Alan pointed out, this option is now no more available,
you can you use xticksize=0 7cm for example.

Herbert

\listfiles
\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{pstricks,pstricks-add}
\usepackage{filecontents}% allows overwriting
\begin{filecontents}{mydata.dat}
1 0.001
2 0.01
3 0.1
4 1
5 10
6 100
7 1000
8 10000
\end{filecontents}
\begin{document}
\hspace*{-2cm}
\psset{xyLabel={\scriptsize\sffamily}}
\begin{pspicture}(1,-3)(8,4)
\readdata{\data}{mydata.dat}
\pstScalePoints(1,1){}{log}
\listplot[linecolor=blue,linewidth=0.5pt,showpoints=true,dotstyle=o]{\data}
\psaxes[linewidth=0.5pt,axesstyle=frame,Ox=1,Oy=-3,ylogBase=10,logLines=y,%
   xticksize=0 7cm, ysubticks=5](1,-3)(8,4)
\end{pspicture}
\hspace{1em}
%
\pstScalePoints(1,0.0005){}{}% reset
\begin{pspicture}(1,0)(8,7)
\psaxes[linewidth=0.5pt,axesstyle=frame,tickstyle=top,%
   ticksize=0 7cm,Ox=1](1,0)(8,7)
\readdata{\data}{mydata.dat}
\listplot[linecolor=blue,linewidth=0.5pt,showpoints=true,dotstyle=o]{\data}

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes