[pstricks] compilation problems

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 8 13:56:44 CEST 2004

On Wed,  8 Sep 2004 13:13:45 +0200, jmpapy
<Jean-Michel.Papy at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

>I'm using the latest stable pstricks-add version (2.11) available from
>CTAN. I think that the .pro, .tex and .sty files are properly installed.
>I have now some problems to compile a document that I could properly
>compile some weeks ago using an earlier version of pstricks-add.
>In the beginning I believed that it was due to the package etex (which
>is needed to use easybmat). But after the elimination of these packages,
>the error remain.
>Here is the error message:
>
>! keyval: ticklines undefined.
>\KV at err #1->\errmessage {keyval: #1}

It appears that Herbert removed the ticklines option from pstricks-add
-- what remains of it is commented out of pstricks-add.tex, and it no
longer appears in the documentation. When I removed all references to
ticklines from your example it compiled just fine.

I don't know if Herbert is inclined to restore the option. I vaguely
remember some sort of issue with it over the summer after it was
introduced to the beta version. If he does not restore it you can use
multido to draw gridlines on a single axis.

Alan