[pstricks] Jumping in the deep end

Shelagh oneida at tpg.com.au
Tue Sep 7 01:16:08 CEST 2004

Hello'
I've recently been exploring LaTeX and what can be done with PSTricks. I
have been working thorugh the various tutorials on Latex and have used it
for some real work I have been doing. However, I wanted to learn Latex and
Pstricks because I had in mind a project where I had sections in a grammar
workbook where the sentences are parsed. As we used to do on the board at
promary school. (Are you old enough to remember a time when we did parse
sentences on the board? :) ) I wnated to include samples similar to that.
I realise this probably means creating a special environment where the
double spacing, coloured lines (to mimic texta/chalk lines) for underling
and arrows from and to pharses and words. Latex is the only chance I can
see to actually get something like this off the ground. But for a complete
newcomer, it is a tall order.

1)Does anyone know of a package which already does something like this
already?
2)Where do I get help on how to develop my own package? The only
programming I've done is with Turtles and Logo, so complex instructions
would just bamboozle me.
3)If this is the wrong forum, could you direct me to the correct one?

Shelagh