[pstricks] Tick labels and math mode

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 5 21:27:15 CEST 2004

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:34:27 +0200, "Uwe Kern" <u.kern at web.de> wrote:

>Therefore I would suggest to introduce a package option "mathticks" to leave the decision
>to the user which mode is to be applied.

Herbert's latest change to pstricks-add (v.2.09) effectively
accomplishes this, albeit in the "original" pstricks way. The tick
labels are set in math mode by default, as they always have been in
pst-plot, but you can change them to text mode by redefining two
commands as follows:

\renewcommand{\pshlabel}[1]{#1}
\renewcommand{\psvlabel}[1]{#1}

Since this is defined in pst-plot, it also works if you're not using
pstricks-add at all.

Alan