[pstricks] logLines and ticklines

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jul 12 10:53:05 CEST 2004

jmpapy wrote:

> Thus my first question is : how to have more than 5 lines per decades on
> the y-axix ?

not possible yet.

> Now recompile it adding ticklines=x in the \psaxes options, and you'll
> see that the x-lines have an offset to the bottom. So my second question
> is: how to avoid it ?

yes, this is the problem with the loglines options.

It doesn't make really sense to work on the TeX side of
\psaxes, because the missing floating point operation in
TeX makes life hard here. I thought about a solution on the
PostScript side, there is no reason against to calculate and
draw ticks, ticklinesa.s.o. by PostScript ...

In this case we only have to create a pst-plot.pro
Volunteers are welcome ... ;-)

the problem with the x-ticklines may be easy to solve. I will
have a look.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes