[pstricks] how to get absolute coordinates

Franco Bagnoli bagnoli at dma.unifi.it
Thu Jul 8 14:11:05 CEST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Herbert Voss wrote:

> all nodes are saved with their coordinates in the
> matrix NodeMtrx as
> N@<name> x y
>
> Use the \rnode{A}{stuff} to mark any Position. Create a ps file.
> Then you can write into your ps-file and the end of the document
> which is nearly the same than the end of the ps file
>

> tx at Dict begin
>   tx at NodeDict begin
>    /N at A load GetCenter
>    /N at B load GetCenter
>    pstack
>   end
> end
>

> now run this doc with gs and the coordinates of the
> two Nodes A and B are listed, e.g. for my example
>
> 1066.63416
> 1205.01978
> 494.633972
> 1205.01978

I do not understand which is the origin and scale of these coordinates.
After some tries I realized that the origin is in the middle of the paper,
1 inch at the right of the margin (this should depend on (la)tex, I
suppose), but I would like to know if there is a simple way of getting the
"real" postscript coordinates, or at least the scale factor for the x and
the y.

--
Franco Bagnoli (franchino) <bagnoli at dma.unifi.it>
virtual location: Dipartimento di Energetica "S. Stecco"