[pstricks] how to get absolute coordinates

Franco Bagnoli bagnoli at dma.unifi.it
Wed Jul 7 10:01:47 CEST 2004

I'm developing an optical mark reader system, and I need to know the
absolute position of marks on the paper. Since the placement of marks is
left to the author, using a latex macro, I though that the best is to
include a postscript fragment in the macro to print the absolute
coordinates to a file.

The only problem I have is how to convert the 'currentpoint' coordinates
to absolute ones (i.e. the ones displayed by gv). I'm not very fluent in
postscript, and maybe someone has the needed information at hand.

--
Franco Bagnoli (franchino) <bagnoli at dma.unifi.it>
virtual location: Dipartimento di Energetica "S. Stecco"