[pstricks] pstricks-add

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:41:59 CEST 2004

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:07:49 +0200, Herbert Voss
<Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

>Alan Ristow wrote:
>
>> It looks like \psgraph might be able to be modified to perform the
>> scaling *and* fake the axis labels so the data files don't have to be
>> altered. I plan to have a closer look at it this evening, but I thought
>> I'd ask for comments first -- any better ideas about how I should (or
>> should not) handle this?
>
>I suppose that this new \psgraph needs some time to understand
>how it works. It has, from my point of view, a major disadvantage:
>too many parameters ...

Apologies for the double response; there seem to be problems with my
email server today and my messages are not getting out in a timely
manner....

Anyway, as an addendum to my last response, I spoke too soon about
plotting more than one data set on the same axes with \psgraph. Since it
contains a pspicture environment, only one dataset may be plotted at a
time. This is a serious weakness, IMO. Fortunately, the problem seems to
be solved by simply removing the \begin{pspicture} and \end{pspicture}
from \psgraph at iv. That kills two birds with one stone, at least as far
as my own personal wishes go. :-)

Alan