[pstricks] Poster Presentation using pstricks?

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Jun 22 20:54:48 CEST 2004

Raymond Paul Smith wrote:

> I was thinking about using metapost but i did not know how to proceed, so
> I choose pstricks.

here are some links for creating a poster

http://texnik.de/layouts/layout.phtml#poster

> I needed a five column format, with a title at the top. However, i did not
> want to manually figure out how to place the columns.  I preferred to have
> an automatic way to layout the columns. This would allow me to change the
> size of the poster without having to recompute where i placed the title
> and columns.
>
> I could not figure out how to do this so I ended up using something like a
> multicol approach.  Is there a way to position latex pictures at variable
> positions in the latex document using pstricks?  Perhaps metapost would
> have been better.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

you can choose a picture environment like

\psset{unit=1in}
\begin{pspicture(36,62)

then you can put anything at every coordinates.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes