[pstricks] Poster Presentation using pstricks?

Raymond Paul Smith rps43158 at cs.ucf.edu
Tue Jun 22 19:52:57 CEST 2004

Hello,

I recently had to make a poster presentation for a conference.  The poster
was to be 36"X62" It took a while actually to decide how to proceed using
latex.  I started by using the standard \documentclass[a0]{a0poster}
however it is only 36"X48" or so.

Of course we can change textwidth, textheight, and paper size to get the
required length, which i did.

I was thinking about using metapost but i did not know how to proceed, so
I choose pstricks.

I needed a five column format, with a title at the top. However, i did not
want to manually figure out how to place the columns.  I preferred to have
an automatic way to layout the columns. This would allow me to change the
size of the poster without having to recompute where i placed the title
and columns.

I could not figure out how to do this so I ended up using something like a
multicol approach.  Is there a way to position latex pictures at variable
positions in the latex document using pstricks?  Perhaps metapost would
have been better.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
paul