[pstricks] [Fwd: Re: Equation with links]

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jun 21 16:57:53 CEST 2004

os2_user wrote:
> Does anyone know how to typeset an equation that looks likes this in
> TeX?
>
> Top text
> ______
> |     |
> A B = C D     (1)
>   |     |
>   -------
>  Bottom text
>
> The straight lines are meant to be continuous without gaps (like a
> brace) so that they link A and C on the top and B and D on the bottom.
> The symbols A, B, C, and D could be multiple ones such as \sin\pi, so
> the vertical part of the lines should be centered on the symbols. The
> top and bottom texts should be centered on the associated lines.
>
> I want the whole equation to be in a normal equation mode with a
> number.

use pst-node

Herbert

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{pst-node}
\setlength\parindent{0pt}
\begin{document}

\begin{equation}
\rnode{A}{A}\rnode{B}{B} = \rnode{C}{C}\rnode{D}{D}
\end{equation}
\ncbar[angle=90,arm=0.5,nodesep=0.2]{A}{C}  \naput{text}
\ncbar[angle=-90,arm=0.5,nodesep=0.2]{B}{D}  \nbput{text}

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes