[pstricks] thanks, and recommend?

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Jun 15 20:08:50 CEST 2004

Doug Mounce wrote:

> My boss was inspired by my drawings, but not inclined to closely listen
> to my rough idea about the advantage in using pstricks.  Instead, he
> designed a picture environment where he displays a gray-scale grid in
> the background to help identify where to put the lines and circles.  I
> said that pstricks does some of the spacing in a manner more consistent
> with how LaTeX is supposed to manage layout, but I had to admit that not
> having a .dvi file was a drawback.

why do you need a dvi? you can also argument, that all
standard latex rotation cannot be viewed with a dvi viewer.

> simple control diagram example:

you should also try the [name=] option, makes life easier

Herbert

\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{pst-node}
\SpecialCoor
\begin{document}
\begin{center}

\begin{psmatrix}[rowsep=1.5cm,colsep=0.8cm]
  & [name=PN]Process Noise && [name=MN]Measurement Noise\\[0pt]
[name=FS]Force Signal & [name=P1]\pscirclebox{+} &
   [name=G]\psframebox{G(s)} & [name=P2]\pscirclebox{+} & [name=O]Output
\psset{arrows=->,nodesep=5pt}
\ncline{->}{PN}{P1}<{w}
\ncline{->}{FS}{P1}_{f}
\ncline{->}{P1}{G}^{u}
\ncline{->}{G}{P2}^{Motion x}
\ncline{->}{MN}{P2}>{v}
\ncline{->}{P2}{O}_{y}
\end{psmatrix}

\bigskip
Cantilever
\end{center}

\[
y(s) = G(s)[f(s)+w(s)]+v(s)
\]

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes