[pstricks] Crop marks with PSTricks and pdftex.

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed May 12 18:13:49 CEST 2004

John Culleton wrote:
> I want to put crop marks on a pdftex project. I am prepared
> to output dvi and then convert to ps and pdf at the end of
> the process.
>
>>From a macro attached to e.g., the header or the footer
> routine, I need to access the exact corners of the page. It
> is a question of moving the current point to those exact
> spots in order and drawing some lines. Now what do I need
> to do to describe those locations to pstricks?
>
> I could modify the page building routines but since this is
> pdftex not plain tex I am afraid to mess too much.

couldn't you use package cropmark.sty?

Here is an example with pstricks for the "writable" area
\textwidth/\textheight. It is easy to modify to get the marks
in the page edges.

Herbert

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\def\cropMark(#1,#2){%
   \pscustom{%
      \translate(#1,#2)%
      \pscircle{3mm}%
      \psline[liftpen=2](0,-5mm)(0,5mm)%
      \psline[liftpen=2](-5mm,0)(5mm,0)%
   }}
\def\setCropMarks{%
   \cropMark(0,0)\cropMark(\textwidth,0)%
   \cropMark(0,-\textheight)\cropMark(\textwidth,-\textheight)%
}
\begin{document}
\setCropMarks%
blah